Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Statement of Intent

How often to you hear THAT phrase? Yeah, it looked like the case from the state of the webpage, and I got it confirmed via email: there will be no more duck comics in the US for the time being. The representative assured me that they "have every intention of resuming production as soon as possible," but when or if this will happen is anybody's guess. It's not surprising, I suppose: even comparatively popular superhero comics aren't THAT big in this day and age; fuckin' Disney comics? Fergedaboudit. Yeah, the recession's all fun and games until it takes away my Scrooge McDuck fix. But seriously, it really is a shame; Barks and Rosa stories are national treasures, and I feel like it's some sort of sin against aesthetics that they aren't freely available anymore--and with so many stories left not easily or cheaply attainable in any form. Sure, you can find a lot of them online, but it's really not the same.

So anyway, I think this would be a good time for this blog to feature an irregular series of posts highlighting various duck stories that are for whatever reason of especial interest. Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

Blogger gl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 22, 2017 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

I like it! It shall be added to the blogroll.

November 23, 2017 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

...I should say, it shall be added as soon as I'm able to figure out how to mess with the sidebars. Blogger's dashboard is NOT user-friendly.

November 23, 2017 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger gl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 25, 2017 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home