Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Damn foreign duck writers taking jobs from hard-working American blahdy blah blah

Here's this, from the letters column of US242:
"The McDuck Foundation" by Romano Scarpa was one of the best Uncle Scrooge stories I have ever read. When I first read the plot in the Cross Talk column I thought it would be a good comic to buy, but when I saw it was by an artist from another country, I almost didn't buy it. But because I liked Scarpa's "Kali's Nail," I went ahead and bought "The McDuck Foundation."

Jeez, dude, either you're opposed to sinister Italian duck artists or you're not. You can't finesse the issue like this. Pick a side, man!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Barat said...

Geo,

I wouldn't be quite as hard on this person. The American Disney comics landscape was MUCH different back then. Stories produced overseas were still an exotic rarity here, and they did take some getting used to. It is fair, however, to criticize the logical hiccup.

Chris

December 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Richie said...

Speaking about foreign artists, I just read the Marco Rota story "What Goes Around" (found in Uncle Scrooge 350). A pretty unusual tale, that...The ending fixes it all adequately, if predictably so, but you can't help havin' a "Wtf?" reaction while reading the first pages.

December 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home